Monday, April 18, 2005

Dang!

I am not a great writer
I'm not even a good writer
But there is a story that must be told.
On Friday, April 15, 2005 a karaoke challenge was held here at APU
A challenge to end all other challenges at APU, or dare I say, the world.
Near the end of the night, a tall, skinny awkward boy stepped onto the stage.
He knelt down and looked as though he might curl into the fetal position, that, or rock...hard.
Finally the boy sang and this is what came from his oversized mouth...

"Watching every motion
In my foolish lover's game
On this endless ocean
Finally lovers know no shame

Turning and returning
To some secret place inside
Watching in slow motion
As you turn around and say

Take my breath away"

His limbs flailed about as if independent from his body and his voice filled the air like Kyle's little girl screams.
This "breath taking" performance was made all the better when the karaoke machine broke half way through the song.
But the awkward little man started over from the very beginning.
No shame in that I always say.

The end of the song was what seemed to be a tribute to all people who suffer from suziers in which they scream like they're being brutally murdered and possibly dragged through broken glass.
Can someone say genius? I think so.
Through this entire performance, I thought that Dawn was going to pee herself.
She was laughing harder than when she heard the "You filthy whore" line on Family Guy.
I personally thought my face was going to melt off and I was proud to call this guy a friend. and that's that.

So this Blog Post goes out to the one and only Willy Shoemaker.
We salute you.
Your story will live on in the halls of APU until someone else can make a bigger ass out of himself and get away with it.
Nice work, you are the champion.

An end note of this wonderful story is that Will actually won second place and a cash prize of $75, now ain't that some tities.

1 Comments:

At 10/10/2007 05:00:00 AM, Blogger Willy said...

I never did see that 75 bucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home